Keeping our Church Family Safe and Healthy
Important Church Updates
Dear Church Family,
As the nation sees hopeful changes in its fight against COVID-19, and Michigan’s numbers and prevention guidelines are both reducing, we are also making decisions and changes to best benefit our ministries and church family. Following are some upcoming changes that we want you to be aware of.
First, let me address the recent CDC guideline regarding vaccinations and mask wearing. While the CDC states that vaccinated people can go without masks indoors, we’re still asking everyone to wear a mask for the month of June in order to eliminate confusion.
- We are discontinuing service registration effective this Sunday. While gathering capacity is still important to us, we feel we can still offer a suitable capacity without registering for services.
- We are discontinuing temperature checks for services. We still ask for those with symptoms of COVID to please stay home, and request prayer.
- This Sunday is Pentecost Sunday! Join us for 3 powerful worship services, and a “Birthday Celebration” as we celebrate the birth of the Church on the Day of Pentecost!
Starting in June
- Beginning June 6, we will no longer offer our 12:30pm service in Kentwood.
- Our service schedule starting in June will be:
- 10am Kentwood Campus
- 3pm Burton Heights Campus
Coming in July
- We will remove our Mask requirement for all services (subject to CDC and Michigan guidelines). At this time, it appears Michigan will be removing its mask requirement on July 1st. Of course, masks will always be available and optional for those who would like to wear them after July 1st.
- Sunday, July 4 services for both campuses will be combined in Kentwood for an outdoor revival service at 10am, followed by a picnic, games, and entertainment.
- The month of July all services in Kentwood will be outdoors. Burton Heights services will continue indoors.
We’re looking forward to these changes, and welcome our return to some parts of “normal”! We’re also excited about continuing some of the beneficial changes that were brought to us by Covid, such as online live-streamed services, making Zoom gatherings available, and some new methods of ministry we hadn’t done before.
God bless you, and if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
In Jesus’ name!